Is Axonics® Therapy Right for you?
Axonics Therapy for Bladder and Bowel Control.
Axonics Therapy is a clinically proven solution for treating symptoms of overactive bladder (including urinary urgency incontinence), bowel (fecal) incontinence, and urinary retention. (1)
How does Axonics Therapy work?
Axonics Therapy provides gentle stimulation to the nerves that control the bladder and bowel, which can help restore normal control and result in symptom improvement.
The Evaluation Step: To see if Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will undergo a short period of therapy using a temporary system. The evaluation period allows you to experience the level of symptom relief the therapy may provide before you commit to long-term therapy.
Long-term Therapy: If you and your doctor determine that Axonics Therapy is right for you, you will have an outpatient procedure where the miniaturized Axonics implant is placed just beneath the skin in the upper part of your buttock.
Want to hear from a real person about their experience with Axonics Therapy?
Jill, 45 years old and married with four kids, started noticing OAB symptoms ten years ago. Having an active family, her condition impacted every part of her life. With Axonics Therapy, Jill regained control!
**Results and experiences may vary**
Who is a good candidate for Axonics Therapy?
It is up to you and your healthcare provider to determine if you are a good candidate for Axonics Therapy.
Axonics Therapy is an approved treatment for patients suffering with:
- Overactive bladder (OAB) – the urgent need to urinate which may result in frequent urination and/or incontinence (leakage) episodes
- Urinary frequency – the need to urinate 8 or more times a day, which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Urinary urgency incontinence (UUI) – the urgent need to urinate or trouble holding urine before making it to the restroom
- Fecal (bowel) incontinence – involuntary loss of stool which may or may not be associated with urgency
- Nonobstructive urinary retention (UR) – the inability to completely empty the bladder which may result in trouble urinating or frequent small voids
- Axonics Therapy is indicated for patients who have failed conservative treatments, such as lifestyle changes, physical therapy, or medications.
Get the symptom relief you deserve!
Ready to take the first step towards symptom relief? Schedule a consultation with your doctor to discuss your symptoms and to determine if Axonics Therapy is right for you.